Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prius Pride!

People who own Harley-Davidson motorcycles are loyal. Very loyal. It is said that a pre-owned HD motorbike is more expensive than a new one. Why? Because you have to persuade the owner to sell it. And that often takes quite a bit more cash than the price of a new one. Well, all that is fairly well known and I contributed nothing new to the world... yet.

Consider now, the Prius. This is not a Harley. In fact if anything it is the polar opposite of a Harley. Well, actually a Prius is the polar opposite of a Hummer, but you know, people who drive Hummers could just as well own Harleys or vice-versa: so it's not that different. The Prius commands quite some loyalty from their owners. I have not seen a single owner of a Prius who does not say, "I love my Prius!"

Think about it. How often do you hear that? How often do you hear a Chevy Blazer driver brag about their SUV saying, "I love my Blazer!" My friend who has a Blazer doesn't brag too often. Or even people who own their M3 or M5 (yeah, BMW) don't have such a strong rapport with their cars. They probably like driving their vehicles, but they don't think of it as an extension of themselves. It's almost as if the Prius was a pet. Like a dog, or horse. You love your dog. You love your Prius. You
love to drive your Porsche (if you have one). But you love your Prius. I think that's pretty amazing. And of course your Prius loves you back as well. It saves you from spending your hard earned money to buy overpriced liquefied dinosaurs. And it keeps the air you breathe clean.

May be soon there will be a proverb:
Love me, love my Prius.


No comments: