Friday, May 2, 2008

Writer's block

I have a serious case of writer's block. There was once a time when I could pick up a pen and a notepad and scribble away whatever came to my mind. Of late, (ever since I went to business school) that faculty of my mind seems to have waned away. I did have to write about five essays for each school I applied to. And once I was admitted, I had to write a lot. Business school, unlike engineering school, is not cut and dry and there are no brief, short answers. Every answer or rather every question is very vague and can be interpreted in various different ways and therefore no answer is considered wrong. You can be as verbose as you want to be and drift off-topic as much as you like but your answer can still count. Instead of a 10-on-10 score you may only score a 6-on-10. I made sure to not lose such ample opportunity to ramble when I didn't know how to answer a question. The habit perhaps took out all the words and their meaningful juxtapositions from my brain and hence I cannot write anymore. Nothing of substance at least. This is perhaps the longest paragraph I have written in a while, but rest assured, I will be back in form sooner than I suspect.

There's a lot I have to write about. Too many topics, too little time.

No comments: